The Jana Robeyst Trust Fund (JRTF) is seeking applications for its small conservation grants to provide financial resources for non-profit organisations to carry out vital field conservation and research work in Africa.
The Jana Robeyst Trust Fund aims to provide relatively small levels of funding for ongoing projects or pilot programs with a clear conservation value.
Small grants will be awarded up to a maximum of 1,500 euros.
1. This funding program is open to individuals or organisations for projects in Sub-Saharan Africa. Projects related to the conservation of mammals and especially (forest) elephants are also included.
2. Applicants can be based anywhere in the world.
3. Both successful and unsuccessful applicants are welcome to apply again 12 months after submission.
4. Eligible projects will have a clear conservation value and must be based in a country in sub-Saharan Africa.
5. Preference will go to projects in relation with elephants. Projects on education will also be considered.
How to Apply
1. Interested applicants should submit the grant form in English or French. Additional information may be provided in separate attachments.
2. The grant form must be fully completed.
3. A curriculum vitae with the contact details of two referees. If one letter of reference is sent with the application, the referee will not be contacted. Referees also need to have professional email addresses.
4. The application must be sent through a professional email address (not Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.). If this is not possible, send a proof of affiliation with a university, research institution or non-profit organisation.
5. Applications should be sent in word format to the email address provided in the contact details with the mention of the Grant Application chosen, the deadline and their names.
The countries that are eligible to apply are: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo DR, Congo-Brazzaville, Cote d Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Click here to learn about the Jana Robeyst Trust fund.
Sources: Jana Robeyst Trust Fund
Fund for NGOS